Classroom of the Elite also known popularly by the name “Welcome to the Classroom of the Supreme Ability Doctrine” is a Japanese light novel series. Later on, it was adapted into a manga by Yuyu Ichino. In 2017, it was made into an Anime by Lerche. The show aired from July to September. This psychological thriller was much loved by the audience. There have been various debates about whether the show will be back for another season or not? Keep on reading to find out.
Watch the trailer for the First Season of the anime here-
Classroom of the Elite Season 2: Plot
Just as the name suggests, the show is focused on the school life of students of Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing School. The aim of the school is to make the students’ elite citizens of Japan and to get them ready to face the challenges of the harsh world. The story revolves around one student in particular Kiyotaka Ayanokoji of class D. He is shy and introverted by nature. He gets average grades in class but in reality, he is a genius student. The anime tells how is life takes a turn when he befriends Suzune Horikita and Kikyo Kushida two of his classmates. Together the trio digs in to find out the truth behind the system of their school. The show has an array of characters each one totally different from the rest. They all hide a secret of their own.
Classroom of the Elite Season 2: Characters
- Kiyotaka Ayanokoji- He the male protagonist of the anime. He is depicted as a shy and introvert student who is average in studies. But actually, he is the hidden gem, as he is quite intelligent and purposefully keeps his grades low.
- Suzune Horikita- She sits next to Kiyotaka and is considered an intellectual beauty. She is very cold-hearted and mostly keeps to herself. She finds Kiyotaka’s mysterious personality quite interesting.
- Kikyou Kushida- She is the popular girl of section D known for her friendliness and nice personality. But she has a violent, cold-blooded, detestable, and manipulative split personality that is concealed from everyone.
- Manabu Horikita- He is the older brother of Suzune Horikita. He is 18 years old and the president of the school’s Student Council.
- Honami Ichinose- She is the highly admired and praised top student of Class B. She is one of the people who understand and realize the true abilities of Kiyotaka.
- Sae Chabashira- She is the Homeroom teacher of Class-D. She is very cold and can be easily bribed for the right price. She wants Kiyotaka to ascend to the higher section so that he can show his true potential and not waste his talents here.
Various other characters like Arisu Sakayanagi, Kouhei Katsuragi, Chie Hoshinomiya, Airi Sakura, Kei Karuizawa, are also a part of the show. Just like a Russian doll, they all have layers of characters and secrets that they hide within themselves.
Will it be back for another season?
The first season of the anime aired from July 12 to September 27, 2017, on AT-X and other channels in Japan. Later on Funimation Licensed the series to premiere in North America. But, sadly there has been no official announcement for the renewal of the Anime for another Season yet. Also, the worldwide impact of the Coronavirus Pandemic has created doubts about the release and renewal of various shows including this anime. We cannot be sure about the release date as well for the same mentioned reasons. But, that does not mean that the show is not happening. Judging by the show’s popularity and fan base, there is no doubt that it will be back for another round. So, brace yourself and wait patiently as we will be bringing to you any possible updates.