There is no doubt in admitting that The Man in the High Castle is one of the biggest and the most successful shows in Amazon’s history. It has delivered a total of 40 episodes in its four mind-blowing seasons. The show is a dystopian sci-fi drama that takes place in an alternate timeline. Additionally, it took its inspiration from Phillip K. Dick’s novel of the same name. Furthermore, it expanded the overall universe with some jaw-dropping moments and open endings.
Can we watch Season 5 in future? Check out all the details right here!
The Man in the High School: Plot Synopsis
The storyline takes place in an alternate universe where the Japanese and the Germans reign supreme after World War II. Both countries wreaked havoc in the great country of America. They divided it into two parts: the Greater Nazi Reich in the east and the Japanese Pacific States in the west. New York and San Francisco respectively serve as their capital cities.
Things change when “The Man in the High Castle” collects some movies and newsreels. They contain proof of the losses of both supreme nations on other Earths.
What happened in Season 4?
The plot of the previous instalment focuses on John Smith and Juliana Crane. Also, The Nazis are not satisfied with their control over one dimension. They look to conquer the entire multiverse to assert their dominance forever. Dr Mengele helps them in building an interdimensional portal to make their job easier. On the other hand, the American resistance does whatever it takes to stop Imperial Japan and the German Reich.
Additionally, a new movement based on the rights of African-American people emerges in the fourth season. The makers of the show raised some hard-hitting and sensitive topics in the last season.
The Man in the High Castle Season 5: Release Date
If you are waiting desperately for the show’s fifth season, then prepare yourself to hear a piece of heartbreaking news. Amazon has confirmed that the fourth season served as the last entry of the show. However, this confirmation seemed a bit odd considering the open ending of Season 4. The makers also addressed this issue by declaring that it was up to the audience to decide the possible outcome of the entire show. They purposefully left an open ending to bewilder the precious minds of the viewers.
If we consider all the above-mentioned things, then we have only one possible outcome. The Man in the High Castle is officially cancelled for good.
The Man in the High Castle Season 5: Cast
The possibility of a fifth season is almost negligible. If it ever takes place by any miracle, then we can expect the following cast members to return to their respective roles:
- Alexa Davalos: Juliana Crain – She is a San Francisco resident who doesn’t have any problem with Imperial Japan. Also, she keeps friendly relationships with the Japanese people living there. An expert in aikido!
- Rufus Sewell: John Smith – He is a high-ranking SS officer. He is a former Obergruppenführer. Later in the series, he receives the promotion and becomes Reichsmarschall. The entire control of North America gets under his grasp.
- Brennan Brown: Robert Childan – He owns a store filled with antique items.
- Chelah Horsdal: Helen Smith – She is John Smith’s spouse.
- Jason O’Mara: Wyatt Price – An Irish born and prominent figure in the black market. He also gives secret and important information to Juliana.
- Frances Turner: Bell Mallory – He leads the Black Communist Rebellion (BCR) in San Francisco.
Other than the characters mentioned above, the remaining ones can also show up in the fifth season. Also, we can expect to see some new faces in the star cast of the show.
We are sorry to inform you that we do not possess the trailer for Season 5 due to the show’s official cancellation. But we do have the trailer of the fourth season to cheer you up! Enjoy!